Saturday, September 28, 2013

Thoughts on GTA:V Launch

I posted a few months back >here< I posted some comments on the delay of GTA:V. I made some guesses (some might say attempted predictions) as to the outcome of the delay on GTA:V on the sales numbers.

Well, the figures are in, and the figures are huge. According to The Huffington Post, the game mae over a billion dollars in sales in the first few days, the highest sales figures to date, blowing even World of Warcraft and Call of Duty: Black Op's out of the water.

GTA has always been a popular series with the gaming masses, but I am curious as to just how much having the game delayed and letting the hype build made. The local 'GAME' store here had a midnight launch for the game, and by gawd... people cued for a good hundred meters around the high street. The ultimate irony is there was a Tesco express across the road where some people just walked in after midnight and picked it up immediately. No two hours of queuing for them. Mind you, its the experience I recon people do that for. The pure nerding geekgasm of it all :p

I also noticed claims when browsing from an analyst claiming that the games sales were very front loaded, and that we can expect a sharper than normal decline in the sales figures post release. Whilst this is technically bound to be true, the more of the buying population that have it, the less there are available to purchase it, they forget one thing: New console sales in 2 months time. I don't know about you, but I held off buying in favour of buying it once for the next gen of consoles that will be launched. I done the same thing with GTA IV myself, but my consoles blu ray drive has stopped working.

Anyway, just my little waffle :-)
-V

2 comments:

  1. I Love your article. You cant visit my website : frozen mod

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will like it to enjoy our new app Driving School 2017 Mod Apk : which you could download and enjoy loose.

    ReplyDelete