Monday, April 22, 2013

The Elder Scrolls Online - How Factions and PVP will work


Hey folks,

I stumbled upon this merry little >article< over on the Elder Scrolls Online page. Interesting. Very interesting.

I have been thinking for a while - well, when I say me I mean we, and by we I mean my wife and I... I digress. We have been thinking for a while about how TESO will work with regards to factions. My thoughts lay in the friction between the Aldmeri Dominion and The Empire, since there is a running theme across TES games.

I am 1/3 to a half right... I decided to chase this up.

Conveniently, since I last looked around for such information - there is a wiki page for it >here<. As you can see, Tamriel has been split into 3 factions, with Cyrodil behaving as a neutral party. The Dagerfall Covenant that will comprise of Breton's Orc's and Redguard, the Ebonheart Pact that will consist of the Argonians, Dunmer and Nords and the Aldmeri Domiion that will consist of the rest of the elves and some kittycats. (Altme, Bosmer and Khajit.)

If there is a particular race you wish to play, it appears you need to go pick a faction. I predict a bias weighted towards the Ebonheart Pact considering the success of Skyrim, but I digress.

The Imperials are not playable, although I suspect that will be something for an expansion to focus on (cunning!) but they are likely to act as quest givers and peace keepers for the most part.

Anyway, read the article linked to the TESO page - I wont go over all the points here, but I will say this: Siege engines, Castle Sieges and Stealth... Oh my!
Courtesy of Pixelvault.Tk

Reminds me of an old Elder Scrolls Joke I came up with... Mer-Kin... Elf folk... Merkins (Not safe for work)... Pubic wigs... Hahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment